Troop 1000 Eagle Scouts – 2020

Troop 1000 is proud to extend a hearty Congratulations and a WEY-HEY!
to our 2020 Eagle Candidates. May many more follow in your footsteps.

Lucas Skeans Eagle Project:

My project focused on Cholera and its deadly impact on the people of Haiti.  Haitians must get control over this epidemic so that they have a productive society and robust economy.  My project empowered the Haitian people to control cholera so that outbreaks are less frequent and severe. 

Hope for Haiti is a non-profit organization working to improve the quality of life for the Haitian people.  The charity works with community leaders to reduce poverty in five key program areas:  education, healthcare, infrastructure, access to clean water, and economic opportunity.   My project targeted “access to clean water” and “healthcare”.   I organized and executed a major donation drive to build and deliver Cholera Kits that contain materials to keep water clean and help prevent the spread of the disease. 

Ethan Peikari – COVID-19 Protection Masks:

My project was to produce and donate homemade protection face masks. These masks are critical for slowing the spread of COVID 19 during this pandemic. The project was started for the benefit of Texas Oncology-Plano East to be made available to patients and visitors. During the project, the scope expanded to include donations to the Navajo Indians in Houck, Arizona who are being devastated by the pandemic.

William Caskey – Playground Renovation and Picnic Tables

Pastor Irons requested that the old playground be leveled and for 2 picnic tables to be built and installed for Church members to use.

William Caskey organized and facilitated the clearing and leveling of the old Playground with one team of Scouts, Scoutmasters and friends. He also purchased all materials and with the help of Scoutmasters precut and marked all lumber and materials.

A second team of Scouts, Scoutmasters and Friends helped to unload, assemble, sand and install 2 picnic tables.  William is very pleased to have completed his project with the help of all involved.

Jackson Rabe – Picnic Tables

My Eagle Project was to build two picnic tables at Resurrection Lutheran Church to help families who need supervision to meet with each other.  The picnic tables will provide a place to sit and catch up with the supervised family member and will also help families that are not allowed to see each other without supervision to be able to sit down and have meetings in front of the church staff.  They not only have place to sit down, but also have a place that they can visit while eating at the same time.

pic
pic
pic

Patrick Grimes – Visitation Benches

During the COVID-19 Pandemic, senior living homes have been especially hard-hit. Families are no longer allowed to visit their loved ones for fear of spreading the illness, so they have transitioned to making window visits outside of the senior living homes. At Bethesda Gardens in Frisco, the outdoor furniture was becoming dilapidated so I decided to build them three sturdy benches that families could use when visiting their loved ones. 

Permanent link to this article: https://t1000.org/t1000-2020eagles