Our Troop is grateful for every volunteer. For without them, our Scouts would not be as successful. Here are the current volunteer needs. If you’re interested in volunteering, please contact the Troop Committee Chair.

  • Troop Committee Member: The committee consists of parent volunteers who fulfill various roles on the committee. Responsible for conducting the business of the Troop, setting policy, and helping the Scoutmaster and Scouts with the outdoor program and other planned activities. The committee also has the responsibility to provide adults for Boards of Review. Meetings held once a month on the first Thursday of the month.
  • Hospitality: Help with food, set up, and clean up at Troop events such as the Troop Courts of Honor (four times a year) Eagle Courts of Honor, and Family Campout.
  • Fundraising: We have fundraising events and always need help.
  • Assistant Scoutmaster: Assists the Scoutmaster in delivering the Troop program. Commitment depends on activity. ASMs can be Patrol Advisers, Assistant Patrol Advisers, Trainers, and Program Advisers. ASMs are a member of the Old Buffaloes Patrol and meet once a month. Contact the Scoutmaster.
  • Merit Badge Counselor: The Merit Badge Counselor is a key player in the Boy Scout advancement program. Whatever your area of expertise or interest, you can play a vital role in stirring a Scouts curiosity about a particular topic. See this list of Merit Badges to find Merit Badges you might like to help the Scout earn. Time investment varies based on Scout interest in the Merit Badges you manage.

To volunteer, you need:

  • Complete the Boy Scout Adult application. (Get the official form from the Troop.)
  • Complete Youth Protection Training. (Renewed every two years.)
  • Some positions have training unique to the position. Your contact will help you identify what training you need.

Permanent link to this article: http://t1000.org/volunteering