Where would you like to go?
Permanent link to this article: http://t1000.org/welcome-to-t1000
Permanent link to this article: http://t1000.org/campout
Here’s the Hooked on Popcorn PowerPoint.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
- Saturday August 26th- Popcorn Kickoff
- Monday November 6th – Popcorn Money Due
- Saturday December 2nd – Popcorn Pick-up
- Dec 3rd to Dec 17th – Deliver Popcorn to your customers
Please make copies of receipts stapled to the take order forms you receive or from the following PDF files:
Permanent link to this article: http://t1000.org/2017-hooked-on-popcorn
Bryan Wendell, BSA Senior Editor and author of the “Bryan on Scouting” blog site has published major changes in the way Scouts earn Eagle Palms. These modifications go into effect on August 1, 2017. For a complete read, please see the post on how Scouts can earn Eagle Palms.
Here are some highlights:
Background: Eagle Palms are presented to Scouts who earn merit badges beyond the 21 required for the Eagle Scout rank.
The changes better align Eagle Palm requirements with the needs of Scouts, particularly those who are approaching their 17th or 18th birthdays. The BSA National Scouting Subcommittee has eliminated several possible impediments to receiving recognition for continuing Scout learning.
All earned Palms may be instantly awarded to new Eagle Scouts at their Court of Honor. Two other major revisions are eliminating Palm boards of review and broadening the definition of “active participation.”
Here’s what’s changing…
- A new Eagle Scout can instantly receive, along with his Eagle medal, all Palms he has earned for merit badges beyond the 21 for Eagle, completed before he became an Eagle Scout.
- After becoming an Eagle Scout and receiving the Palms already earned, additional Palms may be earned by completing the revised requirements, including the three months’ tenure between awarding each Palm.
- The three-month tenure requirement has been expanded to allow active participation in any BSA program — not just in his the troop and patrol.
- The leadership requirement has been broadened to include “accepting responsibility” and “demonstrating leadership.”
- The Eagle Palm board of review has been removed, based on the fact that Palms aren’t ranks. A unit leader conference will be considered sufficient and may be conducted at any time during the 3-month tenure.
Permanent link to this article: http://t1000.org/eagle-palm-changes
Fast Follow from Twitter. Receive Tweets from @Troop1000 on your phone even if you don’t have a Twitter account or use it. This is a simple way for us to get information out in real-time. Just text follow Troop1000 to 40404.
Tell Twitter to be quiet. Turn text messages on or off by sending on or off to 40404. To stop getting Troop1000 tweets, text off @troop1000 to 40404.
Keep up with the latest Tweet. If you text Get Troop1000, the most recent Tweet will be sent to your phone.
Permanent link to this article: http://t1000.org/how-to-get-tweets-from-troop1000
|Month||Theme||Merit Badge||Program Patrol|
|January||Caving / Geology||Caving / Geology||Silver Foxes|
|February||Hiking / Backpacking||Hiking / Backpacking||Philmont Crew|
|August||Shooting Sports||Shooting Sports||Hornets|
|September||Emergency Prep||Emergency Prep||Chiefs|
|October||Wilderness Survival||Wilderness Survival||Ravens|
Permanent link to this article: http://t1000.org/monthly-themes
Permanent link to this article: http://t1000.org/new-medical-forms
T1000 Clothes Closet is open every month on Money Monday to sell new items, as well as accept and distribute gently used Scout uniforms and equipment.
Here’s the list of Clothes Closet items for sale. We’re now selling socks for $8 a pair. We have a selection of sizes in the crew and ankle lengths. We carry regular and dry-fit t-shirts. Same price.
Permanent link to this article: http://t1000.org/clothes-closet